- 2013 Houston -Texas Concours D’ Elegance – Best of Show
- 2012 Charleston, SC - Vintage Thunderbird Club International – 1st Place in Primary, Senior Car designation
- 2012 Houston - Keels ‘N Wheels Best in Class (1958-1969 Thunderbirds)
- 2012 Houston - Classy Chassis 2nd Place Concours D’ Elegance
- 2010 Houston - AutoRama Outstanding in Class
1996 Thunderbird Convertible Restoration Story
This is a rare one! A low mileage, one-owner car, documented from new, the goal was preservation of a solid unmolested original car (rather than full out concourse restoration).
A 428 q code Police Interceptor Special and a convertible to boot! Most Thunderbirds these years are the standard 390 engine. Coupled with the fact that the car was never rusted, she made the perfect candidate for a sympathetic overall and restoration.
The Tbird was treated to a completely new dash and a bare metal cosmetic restoration. After she was stripped down to base metal, the car’s original panels were refined and lightly body worked. The car was repainted in its original factory light blue color. The interior was also put back to as-factory in appearance.